Monday, December 7, 2009

Voice of a generation

A very wise friend told me recently this blog seemed to scream "I AM NOT A SHALLOW TEENAGER AND I AM GOING TO MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THIS!"

But flattery will get her nowhere(<-lie). Seriously however it made me wonder what my actual purpose was with this pet project of mine. Do I seriously believe my writing will catch on and people will hail me the Kurt Cobain of this generation, voice of the nice guys who get friend zoned? No. Would be nice, but then again I'm not entirely comfortable with EVERYONE having access to my inner thoughts. Though I suppose that very same feeling drove the real Kurt Cobain to "suicide" if you believe such theories. On the other hand would it suit me to be the lone lonely reader of this collection of scribblings, my only critic the most biased one? No, I suppose commanding a following of avid readers could prove quite enriching in a delightfully self gratifyingly way. For once in my life, I strive forward without an easily apparent goal or indeed any method of measuring progress. Despite my raging OCD tendencies to finish a project, it's actually quite calming simply to a 'do'. And for now, that is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment