Thursday, December 24, 2009

Escape part 6

The pale, worn bamboo bends gently under my weight, the smooth wood cool against my palms. From my inverted stance I observe the forest around me, thick stalks rising skyward past my feet. My arms begin to quiver with exertion, struggling to maintain the grueling position. From behind disapproving squawks rekindle my determination, beads of sweat forming on my brow. A thunderous report bursts into my concentrated state, I fall from my perch with a crash.

Tearing through the jungle at blinding speed, ignoring the hawk's convenient absence as more echoing blasts behind me spurn me ever faster.The rigorous training begins to prove useful as I sprint, using my arms to launch myself off trees almost more than my legs to run.I stop hearing the shots long before I stop running.

No comments:

Post a Comment