Saturday, December 5, 2009

dream

I felt her body pressing against mine as if her very survival depended on our proximity
At the same time vulnerable and completely safe as she curled up against me
Toes drawn under the blanket to deter the biting cold of reality
i felt her hair against my cheek, softer than the finest silk and the warm scent of vanilla reached me
my arm around her held the world, the only thing that mattered at all
I knew I would climb to heaven and dive into hell if only to say in this moment
I drew in another breathe, dying to languish in the contentment I felt with her
All too soon however a familiar buzzing spun her into mist and woke me from my reverie
Grumpily I cursed the world for taking her from me, and my mind for letting me think I had her

No comments:

Post a Comment