Monday, December 14, 2009

Inspired by Chelsea Cooper <-hobo

My backpack is packed, 50 bucks and a few bottles of water
An extra pair of jeans, some old sneakers
No one will notice my absence for at least a day
I'll just walk out the front door
Take a left towards town
Past the Stop and Go on the corner, wave to the fellow travelers making a buck washing cars
Through the Wal-Mart parking lot, stop and and peek at the puppies for sale
Past my community college, the few brilliant professors surrounded by dinosaurs and apathetic students
Share a sub with a traveler, pitching in half from my meager supplies
Spend the night in uncomfortable but welcome slumber beneath a park bench
Bask in the sunrise, glorious as it pokes through the pine covered horizon
Just walk without direction, ignoring street patterns and sidewalks
Wander the streets forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment