Sunday, December 27, 2009

Escape part 13

Braided rawhide tassels whistle past my cheek, curling with a earsplitting crack just over my shoulder. The whip retracts quickly, poising for a second strike. "You shouldn't have come here!" the blonde whip wielding handler admonishes. "They are dangerous and unpredictable you can't let them free!" I ignored her and back flipped out of range of the whip just before it sliced through the space I formerly occupied. All I had to do was keep her distracted long enough for Zasha to cut through the chains. She had better hurry.

A thunderous roar echoed through the small chamber the handler had chased me into. We froze, her face white with fear. "What have you done?" She shrieked, pausing long enough for me to dive past her and slam the heavy steel door.

No comments:

Post a Comment