Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Escape part 4

The impossibly infinite blue sky stretches from horizon to horizon, framing the beaming sun on an endless canvas. A waving ocean of pure green dances around me in the wind, stalks caressing my legs. Cool, rich earth beneath my feet steadies me against the breeze. An impatient squawk behinds me draws me out of my trance. Whirling, I'm greeted by a massive hawk like bird nearly equal my height preening his feathers absentmindedly. "I've been waiting for you" he cries in a voice eerily more hawk than human.

Minutes later the landscape rushes by beneath me, massive wings on either side buffeted by the fierce wind. Recognizable fauna below describes a flowing change in climate impossibly fast, fluidly advancing from expansive plains to dense, lush jungle. Without warning the ground below disappears behind us as we launch over the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment